Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Ctrl Alt WoW Episode 363- Everyone’s Playing D3!


Aprillian, Leeta, Rogueslayer and Tedrah discuss another week of playing World of Warcraft, Blizzard's great MMORPG. With segments by Grand Nagus. Contest Ongoing send an email to ctrlaltwow@gmail.com telling us how you play WoW, either as an altaholic or dealing with it in your family life to being placed in a drawing for a WoW Pet or an Authenticator.


Juuno and Pixie Girl!


Hi Aprillian, Leeta, Rogueslayer and Tedrah and all of our awesome guildies & friends!
  Hope everyone is having a awesome week, in an out game!
Not really much to report for this past week in-game, those I did hit Revered with Emperor Shaohao with Phenelope my lock. Sure seems like it takes along time to grain rep! And my mage got a cute drop, Tuft of Yak Fur (picture included) kind of hard to see her those lol  
Willopelt grouped with me last night with his Shaman Gubbit & my new boasted 90 Panda Yodie. Got to tell you Willopelt is awesome what ever toon he is playing & a really good teacher! I'm leaning a lot about how to play a tank plus how and when not to attack, I'm loving this, still not sure when it comes to this kind of play style but it's fun. Talk about putting you out of your comfort zone it does but gives you a whole new way of looking at the game :) I'm use to standing back and casting letting my demon do most of the work, as a caster really don't have to worry about fire or shields, but as a melee it's a whole different story. Now he is trying to talk me into
trying to heal with pug groups no less!!
Okay I love running dungeon's, raids, I'll even send my girls into burning fires for all of you, and tanking fine but healing a pug group for now I'm saying NO, not that brave yet!
It was Sideburnsz birthday this week so wish him a happy birthday :) He also helped me with glyphs for my Panda baby, I had no ideal of what she needed but now she is all done except enchants & gems. Speaking of is anyone else having trouble with ask Mr Robot? I put the gems he told me to do, yet he keeps saying I haven't, this has happened a couple times this week.
I do believe it's Aprillian birthday too this month so HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Aprillian!! Okay which is it this month or next month? Anyway love you girl :)

And that's been my week
Love & hugs
Pixie & Juuno
PS One more thing next week I'll be cleaning out the guild bank so look now and see if there is anything you want. Also last tab don't forget to take your stuff out, love ya guys!

WoWScrnShot_032114_143519-1.jpgWoWScrnShot_032114_143519-1.jpg

What We've Been Doing:

Aprillian

Realized Epril has more “Research” to do in Jewelcrafting so back to planting motes of Harmony

Sucking up to Tillers
Missing the deadline for farming


Leeta

1/ HoT - Druid
Ran myself through Forge of Souls with my Lvl86 Warrior (trying to do a tank/heals combo) - died 3 times with my Druid! Not a good idea to do that!
2/ Ulduar - Did a HoT with CoD guildies - few 90’s and few 80’s to get gear! Completely am terrible at Druid heals! But was good fun and thank you to all that came along!
3/ Warlocks
Stratholme Front - Lvl44-46
Wingy, Mata, Ashayo and myself!
Many many deaths ensued! Though much laughs and fun too!
**Drain Life Screenshots**WoWScrnShot_032314_200944.jpgWoWScrnShot_032314_202523.jpgWoWScrnShot_032314_204451.jpg
Warlock Story Time!WoWScrnShot_032314_211822.jpg
Zul Farrak - We decided to 3 Warlock it! Lvl46-47!
Wingy, Ashayo and myself!WoWScrnShot_032714_200241.jpgWoWScrnShot_032714_200713.jpgWoWScrnShot_032714_201029.jpgWoWScrnShot_032714_202437.jpgWoWScrnShot_032714_203414.jpgWoWScrnShot_032714_203750.jpg
4/ TNAK - Did some dungeon runs on Mage - still Lvl83
5/ Twithead of the Week!
Ran Stonecore on TNAK Mage with Wingy and Ashayo.
DK tank Lvl81 decides to:-
a/ Not wait for our healer (Wingy) to get mana!
b/ Skip mobs and then aggro mobs left right and centre!
c/ As we are approaching 2nd boss - types in Caps “DIBS ON MOUNT”
coz he only has one mount a gyrphon!
We kill the boss, no mount drops so he drops group.
The hunter (who was another pug) says “That guy was a a##hat”
We 4 manned for abit then a Pally tank joined and we finished the dungeon with no problems!   
Name - Fithan from Detheroc
5/ Leeta
Brawler’s Guild - Finally got to Rank 4  and got the Clock’em pet!
Dinosaur Bones - When I feel the need to just chill out I go kill the little dinosaurs on Isle of Giants to get more Bones.
Zul Grub - Finally got my Lashtail Raptor! http://www.wowhead.com/item=69251/lashtail-hatchling
Zul Aman - Did the timed run to get the mount! http://www.wowhead.com/item=69747/amani-battle-bear
Grats to Mata!

Rogueslayer

Barely any Sunsong Ranch farming this week.
Bad-ass Iron Skyreaver looks sort of wounded and pathetic when used as a ground mount…

Leveling all races and classes (not combo’s) to 90 progress:

Race
Lvl to 90?

Class
Lvl to 90?
Human
x

Warrior
x
Dwarf
x

Paladin
x
Night Elf
85

Hunter
x
Gnome
(boost from 62)

Rogue
x
Draenei
85

Priest
x
Worgen
40

Shaman
33
Pandaren
x

Mage
(boost from 62)
Orc
x

Warlock
x
Undead
x

Monk
x
Tauren
41

Druid
40
Troll
x

Death Knight
71
Blood Elf
x



Goblin
71

Ironman
39 (dwarf hunter)

Sommerlin (worgen feral druid)
  • 31-40
  • Had to pick up herbalist’s spade in Sentinel Hill
  • Added Entangling Roots to my rotation (just after Wrath)
  • Cape of Stranglethorn, Western Plaguelands
  • Love, love, love druid now

Magebit (new Gnome mage)
  • 1-13
  • The first trade supplies vendor has herbalists spade (in Kharanos and Bloodhoof Village, at least)
  • Weather beaten fishing hat!  (3rd fishing daily)

Druidama (new Tauren druid)
  • 1-11
  • Very cool cat form - has horns!

Neutrina - 56 Gnome arms warrior on Garona
  • 56-61
  • A short, graying Suzie Quattro. Went to the barber - Shave and a Haircut!Neutrina new do.png

Magelicious (dwarf arcane mage)
  • 25-28
  • Dying and dying in Stromgarde Keep. Actually joined with someone! Thx to Scoryn on Shandris

Irondruid (new night elf druid ironman)
  • 1-3
  • We’ll see the impact of no specialization or talents. Hopefully still awesome

Emails

Guild on ER
Hi, I was inquiring about your guild.  Would be curious if it would be a good fit for me.  Would love to give it a go or learn more about how you operate.
Chad
Sent from my iPhone
Let me try this again...
Hello CtrAltWow!
I have just recently come back to WoW after a lengthy hiatus.  I am always pleased when I get to experience all of the new content and even relive some of the old.  I had caught up with some of my old favorite podcasts and was looking for something new.  I searched iTunes and found your show.  Since I am an altoholic, having over 30 characters spread out over 5 servers, this seemed like my kind of program.  I would relate this show to popping into a tavern with ale in hand, the fire stoked as the embers flicker about, and seated just in earshot of a group of adventuring companions telling tall tales.  Longing to have such friends and experiences.  When I heard mention of a guild built around the show, that intrigued me further.  If the guild has just a fraction of what the show represents, well this is something I want to be part of.  Something greater than myself, a place to call home.  I would love to join your family, if you would have me.

The Chadillac (Male)
Zârtânji (still Male)
Darkspear Warrior
Earthen Ring US



Hello Cntlaltwow and Clan of darkness Ladies and Gents.
Just wanted to say hello and apologize greatly for not being around for the Clan. I been missing you all so much and hope all is doing well. I been listening to the podcast when I been able to find time to get online and been feeling well enough to get online. I got pretty sick a few weeks back with the diabetic reaction to some older insulin I was taking and ended up bedside for almost a complete week. I shouldn't of ended up in the hospital. But lack of health insurance at the moment of time. I wasn't able to make that happen. So now I been getting rest and getting more energy slowly coming back to health and feeling some strength again to myself. So hope all is doing well keep me in your prayers and as will comes back to me will see you again soon.


thanks all and love ya

Deathstryder.


THE ALT CHALLENGE
Hello,
Like you I love making alts and have come up with an idea because I tend to make the same characters! If you can please check out my site and if you like my idea, let others know about it!!

Thanks, AFKLIFE

7 Races, 11 Classes, 90 Levels and you get to choose how I play them!

THIS IS THE ALT CHALLENGE!!

The Alt Challenge is to level 11 alliance characters (one for each class) to level 90 before the next expansion, Warlords of Draenor comes out.

Now this is were you come in! You get to pick which combination of race/class that will be made into the 11 characters I will be playing on the Lightbringer US server. Each week, one character will be picked to be leveled and you will get to pick professions, spec and where they will level. I will keep a blog where on AFKLIFE with a daily journal of the characters journey into Azeroth!

Are you ready for the ALT CHALLENGE?? - http://afklife.wordpress.com


Holiday Museings
Hopefully this works if not I will have to try and send it next week but hope you have a great show.

Big G

A big shout out to Big G’s Mum - it’s her Birthday!!

Sent from my iPhone


Pixie is such a bully, making me write in on my way out the door!
Hi my name is Shaggy and I'm an altaholic. *hi Shaggy*

It's been quite a while since I wrote in last. I've since moved operations to Earthen Ring and have been leveling one of each class. I've managed to get 3 to 90 so far on this server and they're all in COD. I've been leveling professions on many of the alts so it's slowing down progress of the rest.

I only recently got Dötty my warlock to 90 and have been doing some dailies to unlock mounts and get some gold, as well as preparing her for my very first LFR. She's just waiting on the Dark Moon Fair to come to so she can get the last 5 points to get to Mists level enchanting and she'll be ready to raid.

It's surprising how fast you gain rep with rep bonuses due to alts from my old server unlocking them. Dötty got Cloud Serpent riding in a couple hours last night gathering eggs and doing one round of quests.

Anyway I've got to go feed the kids before they start gnawing on my elbows.

-Shaggy


Whoopsie
I let the show sneak up on me this week, so I'm sitting at my desk at lunch writing this email.   >.>    <.<     >.>
I forgot to mention last week that I finally have my new(old) computer upgraded and rebuilt enough for basic use.  I've been using a bargain basement laptop from about four years ago to play for the last few years.  I...miiiight have geeked out a bit in guild chat about how PRETTY everything was.  I had forgotten!!
So, I had healed using my newly boosted 90 on one of the Ulduar runs.  She's dual specced holy/disc.  Considering it was my first raid, I didn't really know what was up so I went in as holy to do heals.  Man....raids are SO different from 5 mans!  I have my keys totally remapped so that I can select party members with the keyboard number row and cast my spells with my keypad.  Yeah...that doesn't work so well when you can't figure out which number goes to which party member and suddenly have to take the time to mouse over and click to select someone.  I feel really bad - I was trying to focus on the tank since he was an 80 and I don't even know how many times I managed to let him fall over.  v.v  Send me your repair bill, will you Wingy?!
This is my daughter's weekend with her father, so I'm hoping there's going to be a guild run this evening.  I've still really only got Intarsya to group up with, but I've gotten a few lessons from a friend who raids so I'm going in disco this time!  (Cue the Saturday Night Fever dance moves!  Woot-woot!)
Speaking of the weekend, I've got a list of chores to get done, but I'm going to be trying to level GoblinBabe too.  My goal is level 45 by the end of the weekend, laundry and yardwork notwithstanding.  I need a maid so I can WoW more often!
I'm trying to talk my best friend into joining us.  I've managed to get him back in game, and he's done a few runs with me, but this is my formal call-out:  Decker!  Earthen Ring!  NOW!  :D  I'm thinking of sending in an audo, but I feel weird doing one by myself.  If I can get him over here, I'll see if I can get him to do one with me.  The pressure is on now!
-Rain
-You...you...scruffy-looking nerf-herder!


Somewhere on this planet
Dear CtrlAltWoW !

This week I want to share with you a little something about myself. Somewhere on this planet there is a very special man. I do not know if he is happy or sad, if he works in construction, if he is a baker, a doctor, a farmer or a teacher. I do not know if he has children, if he is in love or if he feels that something is missing in his life.
The only thing I know is that he is out there somewhere, and that he is my brother. I don`t know his name, all I know is that he was born in 1961. All my life I have been looking for both him, and my birthmother. My greatest wish is to maybe someday meet them both.
My greatest fear is to maybe never find them.

It is not easy for me to connect to other people, but I feel close to all of you, and I thank you all for letting me be a part of Clan of Darkness.

For the Horde, and for my brother,
RĂ vn








Addon Spotlight:

with Grand Nagus

This is the link to Raid Achievement on curse:
http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/raidachievement
This is the link to Raid Achievement on curse:
http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/raidachievement


Clan of Darkness Guild Updates


3/21-3/27
Nothing on Wednesday or Thursday of this week
10

60
Ravnthor
20
Flogalis
Geks
Dreeshna
Vreeshna
Breeshna
70

30
Flogalis
80
Leettah
40
Trelane
Flogalis

85
Stegatamad
50
Flambay
90
Dotty
Wolfheal

Time Flies When You’re Having Fun:
  • Barcahamii
  • Flambay
  • Shaggee



Top 10Top 10 20140324.png

  • Gifts:
    • From Intarsya (Rain) and Duvessae: 9 Living Steel Belt Buckle (Jolantru mail)
***Beth I sent you some pets from Pixie last week*** - Leeta

Shout Outs & Thank You



Clan of Darkness

Hello Ctrlaltwow Crew
It has never happened that I write to you 2 weeks in a row but I come bearing a gift.
I won the top 25 in Guild activity competition we had last week in the game. I won an Armored Bloodwing and I thank Donnie for the gift. I already have this mount so I thought I would give it to you Ladies to give away.
You might be able to have a competition of your own and get somebody to make you a new Email bumper.
Anyway I love the new line up. You Ladies are awesome. Have a great week.
Sincerely Matahorn
Ps I must thank Donnie for letting me give away my prize.

No comments:

Post a Comment